Sunday 7 February 2016

Quickie Update

The Big Green Monster otherwise known as the Levity Shawl is done.


This is laid out on a double bed and the shawl is so big it hangs off the side.

Hubby and I went out to Sadler's Park for a photoshoot.  Reba got a bit of a walk and I got a few extra steps.






I love how the Canada geese behind me pay absolutely no attention to us.  It is like they see this kind of activity every day.

Now for a little close up of the shawl details:


I love that I can completely wrap this shawl around me.


The baby sweater is growing.  It is knit in one piece to the underarm.  One front is done and I am working on the back.


A little close up of the texture pattern.


The gansey has grown a little.


I only got a little knitting done on the gansey this week.  Most of my knitting time went to finishing the green shawl.  I planned on getting a couple of hours of good plain knitting time at Tuesday's 73's game.  It did not quite work out as planned.  You cannot knit and text at the same time.  Both use the same fingers.  Hubby was on Pelee Island.  I was at the game and we settled on me texting him whenever something big happens in the game.  So I text the scores, who scored, major penalties and anything else that is exciting.

For the first two periods I felt like I was constantly texting goals.  Essex scored 9 goals in the first two periods.  Alvinston - zip.  I texted Hubby that if there was one more goal, I was going home.  No goals in the third period at all (not for lack of trying).  I stayed to the end of the game.

Essex won Friday's game in Alvinston 6-0.  The next game is back in Essex on Tuesday.  Maybe I will get a little more done on the sweater then.

I am having a weekend away this upcoming weekend and may not be able to post on Sunday as usual.

2 comments:

  1. Most of all I love the baby sweater at this point. I love everything you knit, of course, because it is always so well done, but I have a lot of that yarn (Cascade Cherub DK)... and I couldn't have imagined a lovelier project for it. Love the texture of the stitch and all that. Enjoy your time away this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any idea where or when I got the yarn? You were probably with me!

      Delete