Sunday 3 April 2016

Not a Cold

I finally broke down and went to see a doctor.  I don't have a cold, I have an ear infection.  I am on antibiotics.  They are working but very slowly.  I am still coughing and sleeping propped up on the couch.  If I try to sleep flat, I fill up with mucus and start coughing worse than ever.  On the bright side the Doc said I was not contagious.  My co-workers are relieved.

Since I still feel like I  hit  a Mac truck I don't have much to report on the knitting front.

I regenerated my knitting mojo by making a hat to go with the monkey scarf.  Haven't worked on the scarf.  It takes more concentration than I can muster in the evening to work on the facial details for the monkey part.


The Luella shawl progresses.  I need 165 stitches each side of the triangle centre before starting the marvellous lace border.  I am up to 147 stitches.  Each row is taking me 15 to 20 minutes now and the needle is getting full.  I can no longer spread the stitches out for you to see.  Look -  a blob of white stockinette.


I started another entry - just to keep things interesting.  My choice was Nouveau-ne.  I wanted to make this pattern from the moment the Yarn Harlot showed us this pattern on her blog.  I picked up some Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight yarn at Mary Maxim in Paris (Ontario) at Thanksgiving last year.  The yarn feels lovely at 50% superwash merino wool, 25% rayon from bamboo and 25% nylon in colourway "soft white".  I am enjoying knitting with it despite constantly messing up the bee stitch in the pattern and tinking back to fix.

I am not very far along.


Today I attended a baby shower for a co-worker. I gave my standard gift of one knitted baby item, three cotton flannelette receiving blankets I make myself and a book.  I keep entering the baby item categories at the Harrow Fair.  I save them in a drawer and give them as gifts.  I try to match the item with the recipient.  This baby will be a girl and I thought my entry from the 2014 Harrow Fair would be perfect.


I don't know what the judge was thinking but I did not win a ribbon for this cutie.  It is the Feather and Fan Baby Sweater from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders.  The yarn I used was Socks that Rock in Medium Weight by Blue Moon Fibres in colourway Hoofle Foofle.  It was lovely to work with and I think the end result is perfect.  I purchased this yarn at the last Sock Summit in 2011.

Here is a photo of the blankies and book.


All good news on the hockey front.  When I left you last week Hubby and I were heading to game three of the series with Dorchester.  Essex won 10-0.  Their goalie was trying his hardest but he was a team of one.  The other Dorchester players gave him almost no support at all.  They were too busy trying to beat up and injure the Essex players and then spent  a good part of the game in the penalty box.  During a 5 minute major penalty on Dorchester, Essex scored 5 goals within 2 minutes.

Their goalie did better on Tuesday.  So did the rest of the Dorchester team.  They only lost with a score of Essex 4, Dorchester 1. Tuesday's game ended that series;  Essex moving on to the semi-finals.  There was some excitement as we were not sure who Essex would play next.  The Alliston and Kincardine series had to finish first.  If Kincardine won, Essex would play them next.  If Alliston won then they would play Port Hope next and Essex would play Ayr.   The series ended Friday with Alliston taking the series 4 games to one.

We play Ayr on Tuesday in Essex.  I'll still be working on plain stockinette section of the Luella Shawl and coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment