Sunday 17 July 2016

A Good Week

Vest done.



Hubby and I had a photo shoot this morning.  The above photos are his work.  I have never been able to take selfies with a Nikon SLR.

I can take close ups though.



I love these buttons,  I spent over half an hour picking these out in Fabricland on Monday.  I think I chose well.

I am excited about the next project finished but let me tell you the story before  showing you the photos.  When I was in London in late May I stopped into Mary Maxim.  I didn't want yarn I wanted inspiration.  Lucky for me I met Sarah.  She has to be the world's most helpful knitting salesperson.  I wanted help choosing a project for the category "not otherwise listed".  So of course since I had no idea what I wanted for this category, I couldn't explain exactly what I wanted.  Poor Sarah.  Everything she suggested was already a category.  However when she suggested a teapot cozy from the little booklet in her hand, I came home with a new pattern book.  I might make one for the fair next year.

She suggested a Japanese Knot Bag.  I had to ask what that was.  She showed me the pattern Buttons Ahoy on Ravelry.  Sarah told me she wanted to make one for her daughter and add buttons related to the new Disney movie about Finding Dory.  I had some buttons that I had picked up at the Paris store on a Spring visit because they reminded me of  belly dancing.  I thought I could add those buttons to the bag.

Sarah, if you are reading this thank you for your inspiration.  I bring you my version of Buttons Ahoy to complete the novelty purse category.



Since I have no idea what is meant by novelty in the novelty purse category, I claim it is the buttons.


One handle is shorter than the other and goes over the longer handle to form a closure for the bag.  I wanted yarn for this bag that was hardy and solid and would create a stiff fabric when knit at a tight gauge.  When I saw this yarn at Zeilinger's in Frankenmuth I knew it was exactly what I wanted for this bag.  It helps that I love  the colour too - Aztec Gold.

I lined the bag with fabric from an old faded pillowcase I took when clearing out my mother's house.  Hubby and the rest of my family could not understand why I wanted used bedding.  It is not bedding - it is fabric!

Almost finished is the adult winter set.  This one is for me.  I need a scarf for a lovely jacket I own. A scarf will extend the time I can wear it.  To complete this category, I am making matching fingerless gloves.  One glove left to go.  Both still to be blocked.





Pattern for the shawl is Bellis from Hillevi Handmade and designer Malin Nilsson.  The gloves are out of my head using the shawl colours and a feature from the shawl to tie them together.

In rooting around for a link for you, I found a pattern I just have to make.  I hope there is time.  I will show you once it is started.  Too many yarn and embellishing ideas are dancing in my head right now.

Hubby just headed out on the motorcycle.  He is heading to a convention for the next couple of days.  Reba and I are left  home together.  I think I will knit  until she demands a walk or dinner whichever she wants first.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness - what an undertaking!!! Lovely shawl and color choice. (Vest, too.)

    ReplyDelete