Sunday 24 July 2016

Pelee Island Pleasures

This has been an eventful week.   I went to Pelee Island with Reba and Hubby and had a very relaxing 2 and a 1/2 days.

Upon arriving on the island, I  dropped Hubby at the township offices and headed to the Bakery for lunch.


The problem with relaxing is you start to remember all the things you were supposed to do and forgot in the hustle and bustle of getting ready for those relaxing days.  Hubby and I were attending a wedding on Saturday.  I had confirmed our attendance and booked a hotel room.  I forgot to book Reba into the kennel.  I called our usual doggie spa - full.  Called our backup spa - also full.  Tried to remember the name of the business we used a few years ago for a foster dog we could not board at a kennel.  She comes to the house to look after the pets.  I remembered the business name as Your Buddy's Buddy.  So I googled it.  There it was.  Hit the contact button and my smart phone automatically dialed the number.

I had an engaging conversation with the women who had just purchased the business who assured me she provided the same great service the previous lady provided.  I explained I had used the service a few years ago for a foster dog.  We made arrangements to meet Friday evening.  Then she asked for my address.  So I gave my street and town info.  There was a pause and then she asked what State?  State - uh - Ontario.  At this point I am pretty sure I have a problem.  She says she is in Oklahoma.  My smart phone - not so smart!

The lovely lady who cleans my house was home for the weekend and agreed to come in and let Reba out and feed her.

I ran into my cousin on the island.  She was a temporary cook's assistant on the ferry filling in for the week.  We drove around the island together until it was time for her to return to the ferry.



On Thursday morning Reba and  I took a hike to Fish Point on the south end of the Island.  Such wonders as Pelee Island are best shown, not described.  Enjoy.


























The weather was very hot and Hubby's accommodations did not have air conditioning.  His landlord kindly offered me the use of her porch where I could catch the breeze and use the fan.  I spent the afternoon happily knitting away and watching episodes of Doc Martin on my laptop.


The adult winter set is now done and in the drawer.  I finished the gloves Wednesday night for the Thursday photo shoot.

 I have been working on the Counterpane Pincushion from July/August issue of Piecework using Baby Cotton from my stash and originally purchased in Heather's basement some time ago.  Of course I am altering the pattern slightly.  I have the top 4 squares done and am making the bottom square in garter stitch rather than 4 more squares in pattern.

Thursday night I strung the beads for a pair of Norwegian wrist warmers.  I am using the chart from Pulsvante fra Sunnfjord from the book Handplagg.  I love the photos in this book.  I often flip the pages when I need a good drool.  Finished the pair this morning.


The red and yellow beads  purchased in Frankenmuth July 1.  The dark beads are from a source unremembered.   The yarn is Rowan True 4 ply Botany purchased a long time ago at a Needle Emporium in Ancaster.  I can't seem to find a link to this yarn so I suspect it is now discontinued.

The beaded category - done.

Progress: 33 done, 7 not started (8 if you count the 43rd category added this year) and 2 in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment