Sunday 6 November 2016

Mojo I Miss You

Since I came home from my trip to Newfoundland, I feel like I left my knitting mojo back in St. John's.  I have been knitting but more often than not it is just sitting in my lap not being worked on.  I had high hopes that the current project  would rekindle my desires.  Sadly it is one I am not enjoying.  Don't get me wrong.  The pattern is lovely.  I love the yarn I chose but it just is not sparking me to finish.  I refuse to start something else as I am afraid if I stop knitting on it I will set it aside and never finish.

Here is my progress on the Building Blocks, a mystery knit along from Stephen West.  I have participated in his mystery knit-alongs before and each time was fun and exciting.  Each clue brought something new I was not expecting.  I could not put the knitting down.  I needed to finish the current clue before the next came out.  When I knit the Colour Craving mystery knit along, I was so enthused I knit two over the course of the knit along.  Not this time.  Here I am just starting Clue 3 and the final clue has been out now for 10 days.


I have to decide if I want a small, medium or large shawl.  The small ends after the current section.  If I stop, the shawl will be approximately 68" wide.  If I go one more section, then it will be approximately 78" wide.  I think I have enough yarn to make the large but will it be too big for wearing?  Decisions decisions!

I have been knitting at hockey games.  I have to pay too much attention while knitting this shawl so I have been working on socks.  I started the second sock on the drive to Blenheim on Sunday evening. (Hubby drove)  Essex won 4-2.  I got some more done Tuesday night at the home game where Essex lost 7-5 to Amherstburg.  Hubby and I drove to Dresden Friday night for another exciting game where Essex lost 5-4 in overtime.



My vanilla sock recipe using Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Heather (85% wool, 15% nylon) in colour 08007.  The yarn was purchased so long ago I can't remember when or where.

I can't make it to Tuesday's game so these socks too have stalled for another week.

At a game a couple of weeks ago I picked up a new project bag.  Hubby thinks this story is embarrassing; I think the story is funny so here goes.

Regularly at the home games there are give-aways from sponsors.  I was sitting in section 110 and the give-away was some bags.  Some were from Ken Knapp Ford.  Others were orange bags from the 73's team.  A member of the 73's management started throwing rolled up bags into section 110.  I was not lucky enough to catch one but the lady sitting to my left down the row did.  She unwrapped the elastic from the tube to open up the bag.  She looked at it and I could see from the look on her face she was at a loss to see how she could possibly use this tiny bag.   It was way too small for groceries.

She looked in my direction.  I smiled at her then looked down at my knitting.  I looked back at her smiled again with raised eyebrows and eyes wide.  I held up my knitting for her to see; looked down and up at her again.  She looked at the bag then at my knitting.  She raised the bag a little and again looked at me; at my knitting.  I nodded and she handed me the the bag.  Living with Reba for the last 13 years taught me a few things.  I told the story to Hubby. He snorted, rolled his eyes and exclaimed, "You begged like a dog?  I am glad I wasn't there!"



Perfect size for holding the Building Blocks shawl and pattern.  It says Ken Knapp on the other side.



2 comments:

  1. If you're not enjoying the knitting, I say stop with the shawl at a size small. Time to move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story of the bag! :-) Remember the shawl colours were chosen to reflect your trip to Newfoundland so I would stop before you start to hate it.

    ReplyDelete